Congratulations! Our Mother of Consolation Parish rejoices with you at the birth or future birth of your child. We want to help make this celebration of Baptism a joyful and faith filled experience. The celebration of Baptism is your child’s first step in the Catholic Faith. This celebration is shared by your family, friends, the Parish Community – the Church. Together we welcome a new member into the Church, and we promise our prayerful support and encouragement.
Steps to Prepare for Infant Baptism
1. Complete the Parish Registration process.
2. Contact the the Pastoral Associate for Faith Formation to set up a meeting - Sr. Christine (firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-247-0430).
3. Attend a Pre-Baptism Gathering.
4. Choose Godparents and obtain Certificates of Eligibility from their parish of registration.
5. Schedule the Baptism.
6. Meet with the Priest/Deacon who will be baptizing your child.
These gatherings are held on the second Sunday of every other month at 12:30 PM in the Parish Center. Both parents need to attend.
If possible, consider attending prior to the birth of your child. Godparents are welcome but it is not necessary that they attend.
Registration is required, please contact Sister Christine, to register (email@example.com or 215-247-0430)
- Be at least 16 years if age
- Obtain a Certificate of Eligibility from the parish of registration.
- Be a practicing Catholic who has completed the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism - Confirmation - Eucharist).
Note: One sponsor may be a non-Catholic Christian, who is an active (practicing) member of a Christian Church.
Scheduling a Baptism
Baptisms may be scheduled during any of the Sunday Mass, as available.
Baptisms may also be scheduled on Sunday at 12:30 PM, as available.
Baptisms with a guest Priest/Deacons are ordinarily scheduled on Saturday before 11:00 AM.
Please note: No baptisms scheduled during the Lenten Season.
When the Certificates of Eligibility for Godparents have been received, please contact Sister Christine to schedule your child’s baptism.
At OMC Parish we welcome and look forward to bringing older children and adults into the Catholic Church through the Sacraments of
Initiation (Baptism - Confirmation - Eucharist). The process for receiving the Sacrament of Baptism for those over the age of seven involves a
time of Catechesis and formation using the RCIA model. For information regarding this process, please contact Sr. Christine, the Pastoral
Associate for Faith Formation, at 215-247-0430 or firstname.lastname@example.org.