Youth Ministry Monthly Update- September 28, 2020
Please take a look at upcoming events and activities for October
- Updated Website- The Teen ministry page on the parish website has been updated to make it easier to navigate. Please take a look at the new main page and the most recent Gospel reflections.
Every Sacred Sunday Mass Journal- We are now accepting orders for the 2020-2021 ESS Mass journal! Consider buying one for yourself or as a gift. Orders are due by the end of the day October 18, 2020. Click here to order your mass journal. We are accepting donations of the journals to be given to volunteers and teens.
- Teen Service Corps- This fall we are looking to create a group of teens who are willing to help do yard work for our elderly parishioners and neighbors. Opportunities to serve will be shared as they arise. Please let us know if you would like to be added to our list or if you know someone who could use this service.
Small groups have begun! Our two high school small groups started to meet mid September we have 14 teens participating in these groups. Please keep them in your prayers.
Wissahickon Hike- A group of teens met for a hike down to the Wissahickon creek. Along the way they picked up trash and then we stopped for lunch and a prayer service. Thank you to the parishioner who donated soft pretzels for the day.
- First Friday Adoration Friday October 2, 2020 5:00 Join us for adoration of the blessed sacrament. The schedule is as follows: 5:00-5:30 private silent prayer/meditation 5:30pm Closing Benediction 6:00pm Covid safe ice cream social outside(popsicles for those who are lactose intolerant). We will have a fire for those who would like to stay and socialize. Teens are welcome to drop in and no permission slip is required. RSVP is appreciated so we can buy the appropriate amount of Ice Cream.
- Halloween Outdoor Party Friday October 30th 6:30pm Parish Hall and Parking lot. With the help of the senior leadership team we are planning a Halloween event for 8th-12th graders. The evening will start with the seniors sharing about the significance of All Hallows Eve, All Saints Day, and All Souls Day. After an opening prayer teens can choose to: Hang out by the fire pits, carve pumpkins, or watch Halloweentown in the parish hall. Appropriate costumes are welcomed! Chaperones (at least 5 more) and fire pits are needed. More specific information will be shared closer to the date. Teens are welcomed to make suggestions for the event.
Looking ahead to November
- Box of Joy Service Project- We are committing to filling 30 Boxes of Joy to send to children in other countries for Christmas. We will be filling the boxes on and writing notes on November 12th. Teens are asked to bring either $5 to cover shipping or small toys. More details to come with the next update.