Youth Ministry Monthly Update- November 23rd, 2020
Hello parents and teens, as we near a new liturgical year and the season of Advent I pray that you are able to enter into the spirit of joyful, patient, anticipation.
- Stay connected and help us connect with your teens by completing the sign up form and communication consent form.
- Gospel Reflections- We have had some of our teens write reflections for the Sunday Gospel. These are written by teens for teens, although the entire parish can benefit! The reflections are shared on Instagram, flocknote, and the parish website every Friday. Please let me know if your teen (8th-12th grade) would like to write one! Thank you to the 14 teens who have shared reflections.
- All Hallows Eve Event: The weather cleared up and we were able to have our All Hallows Eve Event. It was nice to begin the evening reflecting on the significance of Halloween, All Saints Day, and All Souls day and pausing to have a candlelight vigil and prayer for all who have passed before enjoying the typical Halloween activities.
First Friday Adoration: A special thank you to Joe and Matt, the two seminarians who spoke to our group about vocations and discernment, to Taylor for cantoring at evening prayer, and to the the parents who graciously paid for the chick-fil-a. We gave the leftover sandwiches to the Sisters and they made some meals for Caring for Friends.
- Box of Joy Service Project: Thank you to everyone who helped with the box of Joy Service Project. The teens helped to fill up 67 boxes with toys, clothes, school supplies, and hygiene products.
With the current restrictions in place, we will not be planning any in person gatherings during December. Some parish events such as Adoration will be live streamed. Check out the weekly parish update and bulletin.
- Advent Bible study on Zoom- We are trying something new. Join us each Monday, starting tonight for a Bible Study. We will be diving into the weekly Sunday readings. Teens are invited to come as they are able. Reply to this newsletter or email email@example.com to receive the link.
Weekend Mass Schedule
Saturday Vigil: 4:30 pm*
Sunday: 7:30 - 9:00* - 11:00 am
Weekday Mass Schedule
Monday-Friday: 7:00 am
9 E Chestnut Hill Ave - Philadelphia PA, 19118
Phone 215-247-0430 * Fax 215-247-2506
Copyright © 2015
Wednesday: 7:00 - 8:00 PM
Saturday: 3:30-4:00 pm
First Friday Eucharistic Adoration - Church
Exposition: 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
Vespers & Benediction: 5:30 pm